Used as a medium to increase visibility while promoting a brand, the internet serves as a boon for all businesses. Digital Marketing has seen a surge in its use in recent years while promoting a brand.
One of the most widely used techniques in Digital marketing is Search Engine Optimization or SEO, which involves making specific changes to your website design so that it appeals more to the search engine and helps in gaining visibility. SEO has proved to be revolutionary in the world of digital marketing.
As per an estimate, by the end of 2020, $80 million will be spent in the SEO searches. Cut-throat competition prevails among brands that are all aiming to gain maximum visibility.
With more and more brands taking resort to SEO to promote themselves, the brands are having a tough time surviving in the intense competition.
Given the fact that the rules of SEO are ever-changing, it is challenging to procure a list that mentions all the dos and don’ts.
Though the task might seem daunting, once you are done with figuring out the necessary steps, the outcome will be phenomenal and will surpass all your efforts.
Since there is no fixed set of rules, we will provide you with the top tips and tricks that will create a significant impact on your business.
You should keep in mind that the list changes according to the markets, while a few key points like the keywords and content creation remain common to all.
In order to achieve your target to gain maximum visibility, start by signing in to Google My Business account and fill it with all the information about you along with the keywords that match your business.
Now it is about time that you start looking for the effective set of steps that you need to follow to promote your brand. The levels vary from business to business depending on their applicability, while some fundamental steps remain the same.
As it is impossible to enlist all the businesses here, we have come up with three of the major businesses that have witnessed a sudden surge in the past few years.
Hotels and Restaurants
The hotel and food industry has seen exponential growth in recent years. A survey conducted in 2016 has revealed that 20 percent of people use food delivery once a week while 81 percent of the consumers search for a restaurant on their mobile phones and 92 percent through the web browser before visiting.
With time, the internet game is getting stronger, and more and more restaurants are entering the arena.
A study reveals that 94 percent of people choose their restaurant based on their online reviews. So, the only way to survive in this intense competition is to have an excellent online presence. Whether you are a well-established brand or a local dining restaurant, if you do not have an online presence, you will never get limelight despite serving great food. People will not trust you until they get reviews from someone else.
In order to establish your brand in the online world, your website should be present in the top ten searches of Google. If you have just started with the business, it is better to focus on Local SEO. Once you get recognized in the local search engine, your business will skyrocket. Your priority should be customer satisfaction.
Now let us focus on some key points that you should definitely follow:
Always use high-end keywords on your website to grab the attention of search engines. Use keywords that involve high-level restaurant themes and are cuisine related. For example, if your restaurant serves Italian food, make that your keyword. You should be able to ensure that your website does enough to outrank others.
- Online reviews will make or break you, as the ratings and the reviews are what a person looks at before engaging with you. You should always be responsive to the comments of your customers.
If the review is positive, praise them for it, and if the review is negative, reply professionally and try to improve on that point. Be open to constructive criticism.
- If your hotel or restaurant has any quality that you think is unique, mention it on the site. This may include open rooftops, open mike, and free breakfast buffet and the like.
These small yet nifty tricks tend to grab the attention of visitors and help you to outrank others.
- The one thing that this business demands is a good ambiance. Nobody will like dining in a place where the music is too loud or the light is too dim. So focus on creating a good and comfortable ambiance.
Encourage your visitors to click pictures and post them online as this will impress and compel them to visit your place.
For this, you can allot a separate place with good lighting and an aesthetic background where people can come and take pictures.
- The one thing that most businesses ignore is that a major part of their customers is mobile phone users. They are going to access your website through their mobile phones.
Therefore, your website should be cellphone-friendly. Unnecessary cropping of images and difficulty in the user interface will make the visitors click the close button.
According to the American Pet Products Association (APPA), there has been an increment of 4% in expenditure compared to the previous year, as customers spent approximately $62.75 billion in pet stores in 2016. Despite the pet industry flourishing, they are unable to keep up with the SEO, which is a major setback. They spent most of their time catering to the demands of their customers and thus struggle to maintain an online site. Yet, the pet stores have managed to escalate their profits a lot as they organize campaigns and take various initiatives to promote pet adoption.
Though maintaining an SEO score for a pet website is very tricky, the goal is achievable if the right amount of effort is put in and effective techniques are used. The act of kindness is what had made this business to grow and has made money take the backseat.
Below we have enlisted some of the techniques that will help you go a long way.
- Compared to other businesses, the keywords that are used here are somewhat different trickier to incorporate. For example, instead of using keywords like cats and dogs, aim at using something more specific and appealing. Go for keywords like “cat food near me” or “dog house store” Such keywords are not highly competitive and will also give a boost to your SEO score.
- This business involves posting a great number of images and videos compared to any other business. The keywords that you use in your content also goes into the images. Therefore, using keywords in the images will divert the traffic to your website. After all, everyone will find an image of a cute fluffy dog adorable.
- A lot of pet store owners organize campaigns creating awareness about animals, which is a major attraction for animal lovers. Any campaign that is conducted should be mentioned on the website, and local advertisements should be put up. This helps gain a lot of attention and is also a good initiative for roadside animals.
- A person who owns a pet is very lovable towards his pet and also the others. They would not trust you unless you make them believe that you also care about them with the same intensity. So treat the animals right not to show them but also for the sake of humanity. Take the reviews seriously, even if they are negative.
- If you provide services like grooming or dog boarding, mention them on your website. It will be too stuffed up if you try to mention everything on a single site. So, it would be better if you have a separate website for all the services that you have. Don’t forget to provide a link to that on your original website.
- Maintaining social media accounts is one of the best ways to escalate your visibility. Posting the day to day function of your store on the account will help spread your business. As you connect with more and more people, try to encourage their participation in this noble cause.
As this business asks for a lot of commitment and zeal from your side, it very tricky to establish yourself in the world of real estate. According to a report published, the year 2018 saw almost half of the population searching online before buying any property. Therefore, it is extremely important to build trust among people.
You should focus on local SEO if you have just started with your business. You should be able to outrank the similar businesses in your locality, and then you can focus on being on the google top 10 rankings. In order to reach there, start with appearing into the first three pages and then slowly going on for the first page.
As more and more people enter into this business, the competition to be the best intensifies.
We have enlisted some of the key points that you should take into consideration below, before starting with the real estate business. You will find these tactics a little bit different from the other two that we have covered.
- Since the real estate business requires the rigorous use of keywords, it is better to use long keywords instead of heading for short and competitive ones. The keywords are ranked from 1-100. Hence, in this case, you can go for anything less than 40.
- The growth in this sector is slow. Therefore, you should start by building small connectivity that grows with time. Remember, perseverance is the key.
- This business requires a sense of trust between the customers and the business in order to thrive, and the process of building trust requires a good amount of time. It is not every day that a person thinks of buying a house, and when they do, they want to take the advice of someone they trust. Once they work with you and find your work satisfactory, there is a chance they will refer you to other people. This brings about growth in the business.
- In the real estate business, reviews can make or break you. If you receive negative feedback from someone, it may spoil your image in the industry. This can lead to people not contacting you. Hence, take into consideration what people have got to say about you and reply to their feedback in a polite manner.
- You should start by building a strong local network as connections play an important role in doing your business. Be aware of your competitors and strategize accordingly. Set a goal for yourself every day and achieve it until you outrank others with the same business. As you reach this goal, you can focus on making your appearance on the Google top ten list.
- The above-mentioned businesses are most prominent in today’s scenario. We tried to be specific about each business here so that we can get you adept with the strategies of each.
Let us now focus on the similar aspects of these businesses. You see, some of the topics like keywords, online reviews, content optimization were common to all of them, while they individually had their own set of demands. This is how the various SEO work. The mainframe is common to all, with additional details corresponding to different fields.
We would be now talking about the three categories in which these businesses occur. The SEO tactics have divided into three categories: Onsite SEO, Offsite SEO, and Technical SEO, for better understanding, which will make it much easier for you to organize and execute your plans.
Onsite SEO: Onsite SEO is applied to the content that is present on your website. It involves strategizing to build a page individually on the internet and optimizing it to gain a high SEO score. This includes the following points.
- Optimizing the keywords on the page according to the content so that it grabs the attention of the search engine.
- Creating high-quality content that is focused on keywords.
- Using meta descriptions that aim at the targeted keywords.
Onsite SEO is apt for individual businesses and businesses which are completely new in the market.
It includes the following activities: page titles, meta descriptions, content optimization, image optimization, content structure, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6 tags, and keyword density.
Offsite SEO: Offsite SEO is all about building a connection between your website and other websites of the same domain. This enables you to create valuable backlinks. Your reputation is made through the quality and quantity of backlinks that are present on your website. This helps search engines recognize that your website is an ideal page for a particular keyword because it is from a reliable and trusted source.
Offsite SEO is all about link building and includes the following activities: article and blog submission, social networking, press release, business listings, forum marketing, image, and video submissions.
Technical SEO: Technical SEO is about the non-content part of the website, while the other two focuses on content optimization. It helps improve the site’s readability. Similar to any program that you type on the computer, the SEO does not understand the meaning of anything that is written on the website.
You might think that since we are not writing for the machine but the humans, then there is no need to bother about technical SEO. The fact is, though you are writing for the humans, the machine optimizes it and shows it to your customer, so the first stage is that the machine understands what you have written.
The types of SEO included in this category are related to Site speed, Mobile friendly website, scroll ability, the architecture of the site and structured data (JSON-LD, RDFa and Microdata)
You can now select the specific SEO technique suitable to your business and requirements and consequently build your business per the SEO norms to gain visibility.
In the case of any business, it is essential to incorporate SEO techniques in order to stand out among other numerous businesses.